So here I sit, trying to come up with an idea for a new blog, and all of a sudden, the light bulb goes off in my brain (or, what’s left of my brain!)!
Having lived in Livingston 26 years, and having raised my son here, as well, I started thinking about why I enjoyed living here, and what I loved most about that experience.
Voila – a blog was born!
Rather than write in paragraph form, I decided to keep it simple, and list the things I love most about “living in Livingston“, so here goes……….
1. Everything I need, I can find here – hair salons (Dieci, Antonios, Midtown Salon, Lucios), restaurants for every “yen” you might have – from Chinese to sushi to Italian to Greek to yummy deli and good ole American hamburgers and hotdogs – don’t forget that delicious apple pie at the Ritz diner, too! Some local favorites: Nero’s, Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza, Tahvma Greek, Dozo and Fan Bistro for Asian /sushi, Eppes Essen for the biggest corned beef sandwich you ever say…..the Landmark (a town icon) nd bagel shops galore, and the list goes on – if you have a desire for it….it’s here!
2. Price ranges for every budget – with homes ranging from the $300,000’s to millions – there certainly is something for everyone. If you buy an entry level home here, and want to “move up”, you don’t have to move out!
3. Home styles for every preference – you can find everything from traditional colonials style homes to ranches to cozy capes and tudors – contemporary homes with soaring ceilings or majestic brick colonials – you want it, Livingston has it. And, if you don’t want the responsibility of lawn care or exterior maintenance anymore, there are several townhome communities to choose from – The Fairways, The Regency, Cedar Gate and the Livingston Town Center complex which offers several multi and one-floor living designs. The Pointe is an upscale over 55 gated community, and we even have a senior citizen rental complex located on East Cedar Street. The Hillside Club offers newer rentals, and there are brand new rentals off Eisenhowser Pkwy call ParkVu.
4. Exercise?? You want exercise?? Ok – we have the NY Sports Club or the YMCA, but for no money at all – take a walk around the 1/2 mile Oval – track located in front of our top-ranked Livingston High School. Exercise your eyes, too, and stop by the impressive Livingston Public Library!
5. Commuting to Manhattan?? No problem – just hop on the Coach USA bus # 77 , and NYC is less than an hour away. Care to drive instead? It’s an easy drive via Route 280 – less than 30 minutes to the Lincoln Tunnel (ok, so maybe a bit longer during rush hour!)…or, drive to Harrison and hop on the Path train. There is also a Jitney service from the Livingston Mall to the Mid Town Direct train in S Orange – right into Penn Station in NYC!
6. From upscale boutiques and trendy shops….. to dry cleaners, a hardware store (Karig’s), Walgreens and CVS pharmacies….florist shops….Starbucks (of course!)…..a custom dress designer, gourmet food stores and 3 grocery stores….. even Edible Fruit centerpieces – they’re all here in Livingston! You don’t have to leave – if you want or need it – it’s here!
Great schools, great shopping, great eating….what more could you want?
Welcome to town!